HOW TO MAKE A HOT AIR BALLOON MOBILE

4:32 PM





Soooooo...I have this thing for hot air balloons. I'm guessing I'm not totally alone in this obsession, so I thought I'd share how I made this mobile for my baby girls room. It started when I was looking to buy one and couldn't find one for under $35. That was just for one. (looking just barely, you can get one for $21 here) So I decided to create them myself...and I'm really not that crafty, so I'm confident you could do it too. 


Here are the materials I used: 
*ribbons
*twine
*hot glue gun
*little baskets
*(opt.) paint
*fishing wire 

STEP ONE: I began by hot gluing the ribbons where I wanted them. (I was lucky enough to find the exact colors I wanted in the Walmart ribbon clearance box, so they were about $0.25 for both colors. 

STEP TWO: I like to paint, so I painted some of the stripes with colors that I was already using for her bedroom decor. 

STEP THREE: Then I simply attached the twine to the baskets that I had found at GoodWill (also for $0.25 each...except for the little tiny one which I made with a cardboard toilet roll wrapped in twine). 

STEP FOUR: I then attached fishing wire to the tops and hung them with the Command decorating clips. 

......And my daughter loves watching them slowly twirl! 


P.S. please check out my kickstarter:  here








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts